Take out food gets a bad reputation as a classic “unhealthy” choice but I think stir fries are not only delicious and easy to make healthy, they’re also the perfect example of food that tastes great and just happens to be good for you! Of course you do have to watch out for sodium but like any part of healthy living it’s about moderation not deprivation.
The key, in all of the stir fry recipes, is to use really high heat. The high heat gives the dish a sear and caramelizes the soy sauce making it absolutely fantastic. To keep it from sticking use water 1-2 Tbsp. at a time and use the best nonstick pan you have!
In any of these recipes feel free to swap whatever veggies you personally love and if you’re vegetarian try swapping out meat for LightLife Lean Grounds (I like the sausage best).
Coconut Ice Cream in Edible Bowls with Tropical Salsa Tutorial
- You must click the link for full tutorial and recipe
Recipe: Tea Sherbet!
Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt - add 1 tbsp nut butter, 1 tbsp sweetener, 1 tbsp mini chips, and 1/4 tsp vanilla to Greek yogurt.
I have to do this.
I made this. Oh my god it was so good.
Spicy Tuna Wrap
- red radishes
- onion rings
- cuccumbers (take out the inside seeds)
Make the Tuna Salad. Add:
- a can of tuna
- wasabi (optional)
- non-fat yogurt
- pickles and capers
- red radishes
- salt and pepper
Assemble the wrap:
- lettice and spinach leaves
- put tuna salad on top
- onion rings
- boiled egg
- roll up & you’re done!
So good you won’t even realize how healthy it is. Great for school, college, work, on the go. Prepare the ingredients a day ahead to make your mornings a breeze.
click here for: Chicken Salad Wrap | Crunchy Veggie Wrap
As some of you have been asking for the cauliflower crust recipe, I decided to write it down; I hope this helps.
1) These are the ingredients I used: cauliflower, eggs, carrots and parsley. Of course you can skip the carrots or the parsley or even add other things.
2) Shred the cauliflower, watch out for your fingers, it might hurt a little.
3) Shred your carrots and add them.
4) Cut the parsley to tiny pieces, add eggs, salt and pepper.
5) Mix everything well!
6) Get your pan and heat up some oil – I used olive oil.
7) Fill the mixture inside of the pan, disperse it a little and put the top back on the pan.
8) Wait about 8 minutes. As long as your cauliflower crust roasts, you can make a nice cup of tea and cut all other ingredients that you want to put on top of your crust, be creative, everything is possible and absolutely delicious!
9) Flip your crust - It might be difficult and about to break – try to use a plate to flip it. Once you’ve managed this, let it roast on the other side for some more minutes.
10) Now decorate it with anything you want and enjoy this healthy heaven!
Clean Eating Prep Ahead: Eggs in Muffin Tins. Simply spray a muffin pan with olive oil cooking spray ( or wipe down each cup with Olive Oil , crack an egg into the cup, add seasoning ( a dash of hot sauce, salt & pepper, onion powder… ) and a few bits of leftover vegetables. In this case, leftover spinach. If you like, you can use a plastic fork to slightly scramble each egg in the cup.
DIY Easy Jello Cookie and Jello Playdough Recipe. Recipe and how-to from I heart Nap Time here.
French Toast Oatmeal with Walnuts and Maple Syrup. (recipe can be found here.)
To make vegan, replace the egg with 2 or 3 tbsp of plain or vanilla soy yoghurt. It makes it just as creamy! I’ve never used silken tofu before, but I think that might give the same effect, too.
grilled herb garden pizza
(click photo for recipe)